~experiencing fulfillment in seeing transformation happen in both the natural, your home, and the spiritual, your inner self~ How creating beauty in your home can stimulate inner spiritual growth!
I love snow flakes!
I love decorating with snow flakes!
I love the fact that snow flakes represent Christmas AND Winter!
So I decided to incorporate snow flakes in much of my decor this Christmas~ including our fireplace mantle swag~
I love the way in incorporates the red and white theme, going well with the decor in the family room AND the fact that I am reminded of this scripture~
Isaiah 1:18 “though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.”
Snow positively reflects the cleansing and renewal that takes place when Jesus washes us with his blood. I love that illustration!
~ Let me give you quick tips on making a swag for your fireplace…
1. Hold twine up to your mantle to see how much you’ll need. Most mantles will take about 7′ of twine to make a swag…mine did!
2. Center a push pin or nail on bottom part of mantle and on both sides for the swag to attach!
3. Laying the swag on the counter, you then attach a snowflake to the center of the twine.
4. Then evenly space 3 snow flakes on either side of the center snow flake, to equal 7 all together! (always good to use odd numbers.) Use a dab of hot glue to attach the snow flakes to the twine.
5. Then use a dab of hot glue to attach the white snow flake ornament to the felt snow flakes!
5. Then you’re ready to hang the swag to your mantle! Start by hanging the center snow flake to the center push pin or nail. Then attach the two ends to the side nails, and that’s it! I tuck the twine around the push pins, so that I can easily undo it when we light the fireplace! 😉
Christmas, Winter, Washed as white as snow…all wonderful images to remember~
“Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.”
Let us never forget Jesus is our focus this Christmas~ We can see Him in the beauty of the new fallen snow, through the kindness of a friend and even sometimes in our decor…Let us give Him thanks and much attention at Christmas-time as well as throughout the year!
Many blessings, always~
Merry Christmas! 🙂