~experiencing fulfillment in seeing transformation happen in both the natural, your home, and the spiritual, your inner self~ How creating beauty in your home can stimulate inner spiritual growth!
With Christmas parties and gatherings upon us, I wanted to make something special to show thanks for our invitation, and for their hospitality!
What better way than a hostess gift with the serving and hospitality theme…
Here’s what I decided on~
It’s a red and silver serving- themed swag!
The bible talks about hospitality and makes it clear how we are to serve…
“When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them.
Always be eager to practice hospitality.”
It’s equally important to show our thanks, and I believe a gift for the host and/or hostess is always appropriate upon arrival!
1. Silver platter, add hanger on back~ Goodwill and thrift stores are a great source for these!
2. Large cloth napkin~ I chose red to keep a traditional Christmas color theme!
3. Fresh greens and berries or a store-bought swag~ that’s what I chose for this one!
4. Silver serving spoon~ These can also be found at thrift stores for little money! 🙂
5. Ribbon to tie the spoon and swag together~ Red satin ribbon, again traditional Christmas!
First step~ Lay napkin over plate and lay swag on top of that, hooking swag to the plate!
Second step~ Tie silver serving spoon on with the ribbon, making a pretty bow!
That’s it…Layer napkin, swag, spoon, ribbon and you’re done!
There’s much to be said about being hospitable~ opening up your home to others and serving them, in love! ❤
“Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers,
for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!”
“They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity”
Although most receive great joy in entertaining, it is a lot of work. It’s always appropriate to show thanks!
Either way, I hope you are inspired to try this one or maybe a creation of your own~
Always, in Him,
Heidi xoxo *Please let me know you were here and leave a comment~
I just LOVE comments~