~experiencing fulfillment in seeing transformation happen in both the natural, your home, and the spiritual, your inner self~ How creating beauty in your home can stimulate inner spiritual growth!
This Fall wreath couldn’t have been easier to make.
As I say that, I feel kind of guilty, because I really didn’t “make” anything…
I just put it together, and it took about 10 minutes!
That’s why I call it Semi-Homemade~
And I’ll tell you why~ It’s not because my name is really Sandra Lee!
How many of you have seen her cooking show “Semi-Homemade”? I love that woman! I came to love and appreciate her all the more when I read her bio and realized how she became the woman that she is! It is an amazing story and I recommend you read it~ just Google, I’m sure you’ll find something! 😉
The only reason it took 10 minutes was because I needed to make the simple burlap bow. You could save a few minutes and buy the bow already made!
Well, there you have it, my 10 minute wreath!
I’m sure many of you have already figured out how I did it.
Just in case you haven’t, I’ll tell ya!
1. I purchased a 24″ grapevine wreath at Hobby Lobby~ I love shopping there for the Christian music they play, and the wonderful variety of things they offer.
2. I purchased a Fall swag…a large Fall swag full of good quality leaves and berries.
3. I gathered craft wire and some burlap, made a simple bow and attached the swag and bow to the wreath. That’s it!
Things I like about this wreath:
1. Semi-Homemade~ super fast and easy
2. Large~ because I made it, I was able to super size it to 27-29″!
3. Cost~ Wreaths this size cost at least $100- to buy!
4. Color~ I really love the traditional Fall colors with the color of our front door!
If you feel like you didn’t get the crafting, designing or decorating gene, don’t despair. There are simple do-it-yourself projects that make things doable~ start with a semi-homemade project and build your confidence. You’ll be amazed!
Zechariah 4:10 talks about not despising the days of small beginnings.
I encourage you today to jump into a Fall project~ You will love it, I promise you! 😉
I will share Sandra Lee’s sentiments, as I say,
“Keep it smart, keep it simple, keep it semi-homemade!”