~experiencing fulfillment in seeing transformation happen in both the natural, your home, and the spiritual, your inner self~ How creating beauty in your home can stimulate inner spiritual growth!
My good friend Cindy, who happens to be one of the wisest people I know, inquired about the copper pot this morning. As I shared with her my decision about whether to keep the pot or not, something she said really struck me…and it all came together!
“Value is all relative”, she said.
In that, I knew she meant that whether the pot was priced well, worth what I payed, or of any value was all relative to one thing, what was it worth to me!
Keep that thought in mind, while I share my decision about the pot….
I know we’re talking about a dumb pot here, and I find it almost comical how much time it’s taken me to decide if it’s worth it to me and whether I’ll keep it! All that said, I decided to keep it and here’s why…
1. I checked on line and similar pots are selling for 149.99…Yes, you read that correctly…copper plated, not all copper…I was shocked!!!
2. I found a practical purpose for it, and realized it will add beauty to the side of my home that really needs it! Here it is being a hose holder!
3. I realized that it would match the water fountain on the wall above it!
4. This morning I realized that it not only matches that fountain but it also matches the pot I have in the front of the house And another fountain out back…You’re probably saying, “she’s a little slow”…I know, I was…but that’s alright as long as I finally got it, right? 🙂
If you remember, the last post on this matter, “deal or no deal” ended with the absolute Greatest Deal one could attain, the free gift of salvation that comes when one opens their heart and asks Jesus to come in and be the Lord of their lives!
I’ve often wondered why someone wouldn’t take this offer, this totally free gift! My thoughts have been, how can you go wrong…what do you have to lose…why doesn’t everybody see that, and today it hit me, just like it did with the copper pot….
Value is all relative~
With my pot, I asked the same questions as I could with salvation…
1. Was this of great value, was it worth something costly, was it precious…
2. Would it serve a great purpose in my life…
3. Would it add beauty to my life…
4. Would it go with what’s (important) in my life… values, character, beauty….
The answer to all of these questions were Yes, yes, yes, and yes!
He has done all of these things for me, and much more~ He saved me, and I know that I desperately need Him. I have purpose because of Him, I am beautiful because of Him, I add to other’s lives because of Him and I have found my place because of Him!
“Value is all relative”, she said and little did she know how profound a statement that was!
I love you and pray this is as rich for you as it is for me…
…All for Jesus!
Have a great weekend and like, comment or re post if you will~ I’d appreciate it! Thanks!