~experiencing fulfillment in seeing transformation happen in both the natural, your home, and the spiritual, your inner self~ How creating beauty in your home can stimulate inner spiritual growth!
Here is a simple home decor project that will not only brighten up your home, but also your heart~ and I’ll tell you why…
….but first some easy directions to make this for your home…
1. a wood board~ I used a pre-primed board and cut it 21″ long~ It’s 5 1/2″ wide!
2. (4) 4 1/2″ tiles~ any color will do because you’ll be covering them up with craft paper!
3. Choose contrasting scrapbook paper, one for the tile and the other for the letters used!
4. Stencils for letters
5. twine to surround the tiles, optional!
1. I gave my pre primed piece of wood another coat of white paint to freshen it up…
2. I chose the word HOPE, because I Love the word HOPE! 🙂
3. I traced and cut out the word using a fun design of scrapbook paper…
4. I cut paper to fit the tiles and used spray adhesive to glue the paper onto each tile!
5. I added the letters to the tiles using a glue stick…
6. I sprayed two coats of shellac onto the tiles and let them dry…
7. I used E6000 glue to add the tiles to the board, after evenly spacing out the letters…
8. Finally, I hot glued some twine to the outside edges of the tiles, just to add interest!
*I just realized that I managed to use 4 different kinds of glue on this project…never really thought about how many types of glue I use…weird!
Oh yes,…I told you I’d tell you why I chose the title “HOPE helps” and this is why…
For a long hard season I was living in the “hope deferred makes the heart sick” place. Through a series of unfortunate events, I held on tight to hope…while it felt like everything around me fell apart.
Happily, I’m out of that season of life. I now live in the HOPE as a verb stage. In that I mean I choose to “expect with confidence”…throughout the day, every day! I position myself to Expect miracles, signs and wonders….and I see them!
*I have a suspicion that had I not gone through the first stage, I wouldn’t be able to live the way I do in this stage…funny how things happen! 🙂
The HOPE plaque that I made reminds me to pray this every day:
“I pray that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened, so that I will know what is the HOPE of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.” Ephesians 1:18
How has HOPE helped you…can you share Your story…Thanks!
All for Jesus,