~experiencing fulfillment in seeing transformation happen in both the natural, your home, and the spiritual, your inner self~ How creating beauty in your home can stimulate inner spiritual growth!
Here’s another creation prepared for the gallery, but staying right here with me!
When brainstorming for all things seaworthy, I came up with the idea of creating a basket that appears to have just come off of the beach. My imagination went to a young girl who had gone out early that morning to collect her favorite shells to later admire & treasure!
While working on this project my memories of doing just that, as a child, had taken over and that little girl was me! It’s as though I could hear the waves crashing and the birds singing. I could smell the ocean; the clean air and the salty beach, and just a hint of Coppertone!
Here’s the basket and my recommendation on how you should go about making it:
materials: a basket, shells, rope, paint (optional), hot glue gun, and your imagination to bring back some favorable memories…
1. choose a basket that would realistically be used to carry seashells, and a basket that makes you happy! (that’s very important for this project)
2. select a variety of shells and arrange them in the basket in a way that you would if you were a child on the beach admiring God’s creation with each shell picked up…!
3. use hot glue to attach the shells once you’re pleased with their placement!
4. glue rope or twine or another natural material to the basket to add interest!
5. Optional: I chose to paint the inside of the basket a blue/gray color to add contrast to the color of the shells, but this certainly isn’t necessary…I think it’ll look wonderful with or without!
I’ve had the thought of wanting to add a ribbon across the basket that reads, “she sells sea shells by the sea shore” simply because I like it and it’s a happy memory…what do you think?
Let’s just say, I was delighted to know that this very special, one-of-a-kind creation, would be staying right here with me…now that’s not to say that I wouldn’t consider making another, but for now this one holds a value much greater, and that’s the memory that it has evoked!
Do you have a project that gave more than you had intended, with maybe a memory stemming from your childhood, or of a special person in your life…if so, I’d love it if you’d share it with us…
Have a Wonderful weekend,
…and remember to “make memories” whether it’s doing something memorable with those you love, or capturing a wonderful memory creating something special…!
Ps…I’d love to hear from you…please leave a comment if this has blessed your heart! 🙂